How our partners and the NHS are celebrating LGBT+ History Month, February 2023.
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust’s Staff Network has compiled a library of resources for parents and young people to help bridge the gap in representation in literature.
As part of LGBT+ History Month, they also hosted a Year of the Child event ‘working with and supporting LGBTQ+ young people‘ which discussed the adversities and vulnerability factors faced by LGBTQ+ young people and the impacts this can have on their physical and mental health.
The Higgins Bedford is celebrating LGBT+ History Month with a new art display and creative events for visitors to enjoy including a celebration day on Saturday 25 February.
NHS South East Leadership Academy are hosting a number of free online sessions during February and March:
– LGBTQ+ affirmative practice 1 February, 10-11.30am
– LGBTQ+ history 6 February, 10-11.30am
– LGBTQ+ identities and mental health 17 March, 12-1.30pm
NHS London Leadership Academy are hosting a number of sessions:
– LGBTQ+ Everyday Transphobia 10 February, 10-11am
– LGBTQ+ Mental health inequalities 15 February, 10-11am
– LGBTQ+ Service user involvement 28 February, 10-11am
If there are events you are organising in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, please email us.