Social Care Support

Social Care Support image

Home » Your Health and Care » Social Care Support

Social care services are delivered by local councils in Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes.

Council social care services provide information, support and advice with:

  • the elderly who are struggling
  • people with learning disabilities
  • people with disabilities, sensory needs and long term conditions
  • people with mental health conditions
  • drug and alcohol issues
  • housing related support
  • unpaid care

Council social care helps people to live healthily, safely and as independently as possible, supporting people to stay in their own home wherever possible.

A range of support is available to help people maintain their independence. This could be advice, assessments or equipment.

Social care services help people returning home after hospital and provide support with sheltered housing and care homes.

For children and young people, council social care offer support with safeguarding, fostering and adoption, and special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

Contact your local council

For more information about health and social care support, contact your local council.

Bedford Borough Council – Adults / Children

Central Bedfordshire Council – Adults / Children

Luton Council – Adults / Children

Milton Keynes Council – Adults / Children