New technology is helping to change the face of social care for people across Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, to improve care and enable people to stay independent in their own home for as long as possible.
We’re introducing innovative new ways to support our residents.
That means doing things such as working to create a ‘digital social care record’ – a way of securely allowing health and care professionals to see relevant information in a person’s health and care records to give them better, safer care.
We’ve also launched some exciting projects that will make a big difference to people, their carers and loved ones, and our care homes. Our aim is to help prevent the problems that lead to serious health issues and stays in hospital.
How will all this help?
- People will get better care that’s built around their needs. That’s because care staff will have the information they need, when they need it – and people who use services and their carers will be more involved in the conversations that count.
- People who need residential care will have extra support to keep them safe at night, thanks to technology designed to alert staff so they can respond quickly when help is needed.
- Our ‘falls prevention’ programme will mean fewer people suffer falls, whether they live in their own home or residential care.
- There’ll be less need to call ambulances, as people receiving residential care or home support will become safer and have more technology to help them stay that way. This will also help our ambulance and accident and emergency services as not as many people will need their help.
- Fewer people will have to stay in hospital. For those who do, arranging temporary or permanent care to support them to leave as soon as they’re well enough will become much easier.
- What we’re doing will also help the organisations that provide care. Using technology will mean they can improve the care they give, while saving time, effort and costs.
- And to help them make the most of what’s on offer, there’ll be training sessions so staff can learn new skills.
You can find out more about what we’re doing by clicking on each of the links below. For more information on the programme, or any of our projects, please email the team.